Lake St Clair to Cradle Mountain (Alternate)
THE MEMORIES ARE MADE
Lake St Clair to Cradle Mountain– Alternative Departure
(Bus rate for 1 – 13 passengers)
– Choose your pick-up time. Choose the time that suits you best for your transport from Lake St Clair to Cradle Mountain.
– Cradle Mountain Visitor Centre and Cradle Valley accommodation drop-offs available. We can drop you off to the Cradle Mountain Visitor Centre if you are returning to your vehicle or to your Cradle Valley accommodation if you are starting the Overland Track the following day.
– A stop on the way. Our driver will stop in Queenstown on our way to Cradle Mountain for you to have a 15 minute break. To grab a coffee, have a toilet break or to have a walk around the streets of the most impressive mining town on the coast.
There are 2 options with our Lake St Clair to Cradle Mountain “alternative departure” listed below:
1. Use the calendar to open up your date and departure time of choice. Simply select the departure date you require, your pick-up time and how many people are in your group. This departure is then opened up for others to book any remaining available seats at $100.00 per person and you will be refunded $100.00 per additional ticket sold for the service, until your total cost is reduced to $100.00 per person in your booking (or $600 for a group of 7-13 passengers).
2. Scroll to the bottom of this page to see our list of already booked “Alternative Departures” to see if there is a suitable time for you to jump on to. The list below will include the departure date, time, how many tickets are still available for the departure and a link for you to book these tickets. Each ticket is $100.00 per person (or $600 for a group of 7-13 passengers).
Due to logistics and there being no direct roads linking Lake St Clair and Cradle Mountain, resulting in a 3.5 hour drive via the West Coast, Overland Track Transport does not offer a regular service between the start and finish of the OT. We are able to provide an “alternative departure” service for you and you can select your desired date and departure time from Lake St Clair. Once this “alternative departure” has been opened, we make it available for other walkers to book and for each additional passenger that books on, we refund you (a maximum) until each person has paid $100 each.
Car Shuffle – Are you planning on driving to Lake St Clair to leave your car and need a lift to Cradle Mountain to start the Overland Track?
For larger groups, our Lake St Clair to Cradle Mountain alternative departure can be a viable option but for single walkers and groups of 2 or 3, we have listed some alternative and cheaper options for you to get back to Cradle Mountain.
Drive and leave your car in Launceston. This saves you a 3 hour drive to Lake St Clair (from either Launceston, Devonport or Hobart) and then another 3.5 hour driver from Lake St Clair to Cradle Mountain (on our bus). By the time we arrive to Cradle Mountain it will be too late in the day for you to begin your Overland Track adventure and will need to spend a night in the Cradle Valley before starting your walk the next day. Give yourself the day in Launceston (instead of 6 hours of driving) and catch our 7:00am departure from Launceston to Cradle Mountain on the day you begin your hike. Then at Lake St Clair you can catch our 2:30pm service back to Launceston and we will drop you back to your car. This option is $77.50 per person, each way and takes the stress out of driving through mountainous roads and getting lost.
Drive to Lake St Clair and return to Launceston. Catch our regular daily 2:30pm departure from Lake St Clair to Launceston and then our regular Launceston to Cradle Mountain transfer the following morning (departing Launceston at 7:00am. These tickets are both $77.50 each way. This option is a total of $155.00 per person.
Drive and leave your car at Cradle Mountain. This way you can arrive at Cradle Mountain and begin your hike nice and early. Then at Lake St Clair, simply catch our 2:30pm service back to Launceston and then the following day, catch our 7:00am transfer from Launceston to Cradle Mountain to arrive back to your car by 9:30am. to make this option even cheaper, you only need one person in your group to come and get the car and they will be back in Launceston before lunch time. These tickets are both $77.50 each way. This option is a total of $155.00 per person.
Pre-booked Alternative Departures
Below is a list of booked departures from Lake St Clair to Cradle Mountain that are available for you to book on to. If you would like to book tickets on any of the below departures, simply email us at [email protected] and we will send you a link for payment to confirm your booking.
|19- Dec-19||2:30pm||11 Seats||$100||Enquire Now|
|01-Jan-20||9:00am||9 Seats||$100||Enquire Now|
We look forward to having you on board – Sean and Andrew, owners of Overland Track Transport