Launceston to Cradle Mountain (Alternate)
THE ADVENTURE BEGINS
Launceston to Cradle Mountain – Alternate Departure
(Bus rate for 1 – 13 passengers)
– Choose your pick-up time. Our Launceston to Cradle Mountain (Alternate) option allows you to have full flexability with your pick-up time to Cradle Mountain. If you are flying into Launceston or spending your first night in the Cradle Valley, select the time that best suits you for your transport.
– Launceston CBD accommodation and Airport pick-ups. With our alternative departures we are able to pick-up from all Launceston accommodation outlets as well as Launceston Airport arrivals.
With Airbnb accommodation we will of course do our best to pick you up at your accommodation but if there is not a safe pick-up zone for our bus and trailer, we will need to pick you up at the closest safe location. If you are unsure if your accommodation is within the CBD pick-up zone, please feel free to email us to confirm.
– Free Luggage Storage. Our service includes FREE luggage storage and delivery (1 item per person) to Lake St Clair on the day we pick you up for passengers with return bookings, this includes from Lake St Clair to Launceston or Lake St Clair to Hobart with us. Additional items are charged at $20.00 per item. Luggage storage and delivery to Lake St Clair for one-way passengers is also available ($40 per item)
– Transport to Ronny Creek or Cradle Valley accommodation. If you are starting the Overland Track on the same day as your transport, we will briefly stop at the Cradle Mountain Visitor Centre to assist with collection of your Overland Track pass, then continue our journey to Ronny Creek (the start of the Overland Track). If you are spending your first night in the Cradle Valley, we will happily transport you directly to your accommodation.
As well as providing a regular daily passenger service from Launceston to Cradle Mountain at 7:00am, Overland Track Transport is also able to provide a more tailored transport option if you require transport from Launceston to Cradle Mountain outside of our regular 7:00am departure.
There are 2 options with booking our Launceston to Cradle Mountain (Alternate) departures listed below:
1. Use the calendar to open up your date and departure time of choice. Simply select the departure date you require, your pick-up time and how many people are in your group. This departure is then opened up for others to book any remaining available seats at $77.50 per person and you will be refunded $77.50 per additional ticket sold for the service, until your total cost is reduced to $77.50 per person in your booking (or $500 for a group of 7-13 passengers).
2. Scroll to the bottom of this page to see our list of already booked “Alternative Departures” to see if there is a suitable time for you to jump on to. The list below will include the departure date, time, how many tickets are still available for the departure and a link for you to book these tickets. Each ticket is $77.50 per person (or $500 for a group of 7-13 passengers)
With fully accredited drivers who have all completed the Overland Track in all seasons, our goal is to have you on the track fully prepared, feeling confident and ready for your adventure.
With a 20 minute stop on the way in Sheffield (the town of murals) at the foothills of majestic Mount Roland, where there is a toilet stop, small supermarket for any last minute supplies and a café stop with the best coffee this side of Lygon St. We then make our way to Cradle Mountain as we climb our way onto the plateau and arrive at the Cradle Mountain Visitor Centre where we come in with you and assist with collection of your Overland Track Pass or shuttle bus tickets if you are beginning your adventure the following day.
Our service includes FREE luggage storage and delivery to Lake St Clair on the day we pick you up (for passengers travelling both ways with us). Or, luggage storage and delivery to Lake St Clair for one-way passengers is also available (contact us for pricing).
Our buses are fully stocked with both items for sale and hire including Personal Locator Beacons, fuel, maps, hand sanitizer, WonderWool blister prevention, ear plugs (for the noisy huts) and many other items. All items are also available for pre-booking and we will have these available for your collection when we pick you up from your accommodation. *remember you are not able to fly with fuel canisters or liquid so pre-booking these with us is the easiest option.
As we also run a daily service from Lake St Clair to Launceston and we receive daily updates from other walkers who have just completed the Overland Track. We get to pass these on to you, on the morning of your walk. This includes track conditions, side trips, hut conditions, secret spots and highlights from other walkers.
To book your Launceston to Cradle Mountain (Alternate) transport with us on our live booking calendar, simply select your departure date, the number of walkers in your group, your departure time and your Launceston accommodation pick up point (including Launceston Airport). You can also add your Lake St Clair to Launceston or Lake St Clair to Hobart return transport, any hire gear or products you wish to purchase from our website and then simply make payment for your booking. You will instantly receive a confirmation email with all of your booking details.
Our drivers have completed the Overland Track over 200 times combined, so let us share our knowledge, experience, love of the National Park and secret spots with you to maximize your Overland Track adventure.
Pre-booked Alternative Departures
Below is a list of booked alternative departures from Launceston to Cradle Mountain that are available for you to book on to. If you would like to book tickets on any of the below departures, simply click the book now button to access the Launceston to Cradle Mt calendar. Select your number of passengers, the departure date and alternative time listed below.
|19-Jan-2020||10:30am||7 Seats||$77.50||Book Now|
|25-Jan-2020||11:30am||9 Seats||$77.50||Book Now|
|22-Feb-2020||12pm||8 Seats||$77.50||Book Now|
|12-March – 2020||2:00pm||9 Seats||$77.50||Book Now|