Pocket Day Packs
Terms and Conditions
1. Payment Details
All orders must be paid for at time of booking. We accept Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
All pricing is in Australian Dollars.
3. Transferring bookings
Bookings are transferable from one person to another who are travelling on the same day. Please advise Overland Track Transport as soon as possible of any changes by emailing [email protected]
4. Cancellation by Walker Before departure:
Cancellation by Walker Before Departure:
If you need to cancel your booking before departure, the following refund offers apply:
Due to ill-health or injury, we may offer you an alternative departure date (subject to availability) within the current walking season, or a full refund on production of a medical certificate. This full refund only applies to the injured/ill walker and one other accompanying adult party member, with any children in the care of these two aforementioned – Not the entire party.
Transport and Hire Gear:
•14 days or more from departure date – a 25% cancellation fee on the cost of your booking applies.
• Less than 14 days before the booked departure date – No refund.
Full refunds are available for any purchased products from the shop if you cancel your booking. no refunds are available after the departure.
5. Altering your departure date?
If you need to alter your departure date, you may do this by contacting Overland Track transport during business hours via email at [email protected] or by phone on 0474 172 012.
A departure date may only be transferred to another date within the same walking season, subject to availability.
In the event of early finishes on the track, your Lake St Clair to Launceston/Hobart ticket may be transferred free of charge (subject to availability) if alternative transport is arranged, no refund applies.
6. Evacuations/Turn Backs
No refund is available if you need to abandon your walk due to ill-health, weather conditions, injury or personal circumstances. In these instances stored luggage will be returned to a Launceston or Hobart CBD location or Cradle Mountain/Lake St Clair Visitor Centre at our earliest convenience.
7. Closure of road access to the Overland Track
If road access to Cradle Mountain or Lake St Clair is closed due to weather conditions or events/accidents, alternative routes may apply effecting travel times. If there is no access to the National Park on any alternative route, your pre-purchased tickets will be transferable to future dates in the current and following seasons. Overland Track Transport is unable to provide refunds for any travel date that access to the Overland Track is closed and travel insurance is always recommended.
8. Closure of the Overland Track
If the Overland Track is closed by National Parks due to any reason, your pre-purchased tickets will be transferable to future dates in the current and following seasons. Overland Track Transport is unable to provide refunds for any travel date that access to the Overland Track is closed and travel insurance is always recommended.
9. Luggage Storage/Transfer
1 item of Luggage per person is free of charge for passengers travelling to and from the Overland Track with us. Additional items charged at $20 per item (maximum 15kg per item), while you are walking the Overland Track and will be made available at Lake St Clair on your nominated date. Passengers travelling only one-way from Launceston to Cradle Mountain, luggage storage and transfers available for $40 per item (maximum 15kg per item) and will be made available at Lake St Clair on your nominated date. Please note whilst every care is taken, we accept no responsibility and travel insurance is always recommended.
10. Personal Locator Beacon Hire
All PLB's hired from Overland Track Transport must be returned on the nominated date at Lake St Clair between 2:00pm and 2:30pm to our Overland Track Transport bus waiting in the car park at Lake St Clair. These can not be left at the Lake St Clair Visitor Centre or Cafe.
• If for any reason the responsible person who has hired the items is not able to return the PLB on the nominated date, a replacement price charge will be processed on the supplied credit card.
• Any damages (beyond reasonable wear and tear) will be photographed and emailed to the responsible person in conjunction with a full replacement price charged to the supplied credit card.
• Additional paperwork is required on the day of collection to include emergency contact details (two people)
• If the PLB is activated then Overland Track Transport will be notified by the Emergency Services to confirm that the activation is genuine. Overland Track Transport will presume all activations are genuine and will be treated as a life threatening emergency.
• Overland Track Transport will notify the emergency contact persons listed on this document and alert them that the PLB carried by yourself has been activated and they will be given the contact details of the State Emergency Services for all further communication.
• If the PLB is activated for any reason other than a life threatening emergency and the State Emergency Service invoice for all costs involved, the responsible person on this document will be responsible for all monies owing.
• If the PLB is not returned to Overland Track Transport by the agreed date, a full replacement fee will be charged to the supplied credit card.
11. Environmental responsibility
All passengers must ensure that there is no littering from the vehicle at any time.
12. Code of Conduct
No passenger will behave in a way that may be a breach of the Passenger Transport Services Regulations 2013 or that may compromise the safety of the driver, other passengers or the safe operation of the vehicle. There is to be no alcohol consumed on the bus at any time.
13. Security of Personal Information
Overland Track Transport use a number of procedural, physical and technical safeguards, including access controls, secure methods or communication and back-up recovery systems to protect information from misuse and loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Perfect for all your side trips. Lightweight at 72g.
Sea to Summit’s Ultra-Sil™ Day Pack is not only ultra-light, strong and compact but very practical. Made from our proprietary Ultra-Sil® siliconised Cordura® fabric, the tiny palm-size pack fits easily into your jacket pocket or pocket on your main pack. With a 20lt capacity it is perfect as a summit pack to carry your water bottle, map, camera, rain jacket and lunch.