Lake St Clair to Hobart (Alternate)
THE MEMORIES ARE MADE
Lake St Clair to Hobart– Alternative Departure
(Bus rate for 1 – 13 passengers)
– Choose your pick-up time. Choose the time that suits you best for your transport from Lake St Clair to Hobart if our 2:30pm regular service does not meet your schedule.
– Hobart CBD and Hobart Airport drop-offs available. We can drop you off to your Hobart CBD accommodation or to the Hobart Airport if you are flying out the same day. Please allow 3 hours and 15 minutes to travel from Lake St Clair Visitor Centre to the Hobart Airport for check-in.
– Free Luggage Storage. Our service includes FREE luggage storage and delivery (1 item per person, additional items charged at $20 per item) to Lake St Clair on the day we pick you up (for passengers also travelling from Launceston to Cradle Mountain with us)
As well as holding the regular passenger service licence for Lake St Clair to Hobart each day at 2:30pm, Overland Track Transport is also able to provide a more tailored transport option if you require transport from Lake St Clair to Hobart outside of our regular 2:30pm departure.
There are 2 options with our Lake St Clair to Hobart “alternative departure” listed below:
1. Use the calendar to open up your date and departure time of choice. Simply select the departure date you require, your pick-up time and how many people are in your group. This departure is then opened up for others to book any remaining available seats at $87.50 per person and you will be refunded $87.50 per additional ticket sold for the service until your total cost is reduced to $87.50 per person in your booking (or $600 for a group of 7-13 passengers)
2. Scroll to the bottom of this page to see our list of already booked “Alternative Departures” to see if there is a suitable time for you to jump on to. The list below will include the departure date, time, how many tickets are still available for the departure and a link for you to book these tickets. Each ticket is $87.50 per person (or $600 for a group of 7-13 passengers)
Congratulations, you have conquered the Overland Track and had the time of your life. Your feet are sore, you don’t want to see another dehydrated meal for some time, your pack has simply become an extension of your body and you have been thinking about your favourite food now for 3 days and how much you are going to enjoy it when you arrive back to the “real world” You have found a calming satisfaction from being completely “disconnected” from your phone and emails for a week and hesitate to turn it back on (if only to let your Mum know you are alive and well)
Our alternative departure allows you to choose your pick-up time and our driver will have on board your luggage the you have stored with us for the time of your adventure so you can have a clean t-shirt and footwear that doesn’t require gaiters over the top. This is also where you can return any hire gear you have booked with us for your trip (Lake St Clair Visitor Centre now has a free 5 minute hot shower available for bushwalkers) Lake St Clair lodge also has a licenced bar and meals available including hot chips to die for.
We make our way to Hobart via Tarraleah (built in the 1930’s by the Hydro Electric Commission) and Ouse where we can stop for a brief toilet break and something to eat, before making our way through New Norfolk (on the Derwent River) and then into Hobart where we will drop you off to your central accommodation or Hobart airport.
All of our drivers are locals so we will happily advise you on the best places in town to get the meal of your choice and the best bars to go and have your celebratory drink.
Please note with Airbnb’s we will of course do our best to drop you off at your accommodation but if there is not a safe drop-off zone for our bus and trailer, we will need to drop you to the closest safe location. If you are unsure if your accommodation is within the CBD drop-off zone, please feel free to email us to confirm.
Are you planning on catching the ferry across Lake St Clair at the end of your adventure? If you do prefer to catch the ferry, we recommend pre-booking the ferry from Narcissus Hut to Cynthia Bay and to allow yourself enough time for a shower and something to eat from the Lodge before your booked departure time with us. Please book directly at Lake St Clair Ferry or on (03) 6289 1137
So what happens if we finish a day earlier or later than our alternative departure booking? Due to your alternative departure date being opened up for other walkers to book on to, flexibility is limited for moving transport bookings at short notice due to availability of our vehicles and drivers. Fees may apply if you need to move your booking at short notice and is subject to availability and additional bookings.
Pre-booked Alternative Departures
Below is a list of booked alternative departures from Lake St Clair to Hobart that are available for you to book on to. If you would like to book tickets on any of the below departures, simply click the book now button to access the Lake St Clair to Hobart calendar. Select your number of passengers, the departure date and alternative time listed below.
|10-Jan-20||10:30am||12 seats||$87.50||Book Now|
We look forward to having you on board – Sean and Andrew, owners of Overland Track Transport